What Corporate Members get in exchange for their Annual Dues.
- Support of the AME Association of Ontario's Bursary Program which awards one full time study student in each aviation maintenance discipline (M, E, S) program of each Member ATO (College) each year in Ontario with a $500 bursary to help pay their tuition. With 6 ATOs in Ontario, the AME Association of Ontario awards an avearge of $6,000 each and every year! This money goes to students nominated by the faculty in the Colleges that are Corporate Members of the AME Association of Ontario.
- 10% Discount on Soft Skills Training courses/Programs via WorkRight Inc's E-learning portal: https://training.workright.ca/learn
- Discounts on AME Association of Ontario events (Annual Conference, special training events, Job Posting Board, etc)
- Corporate Member Recognition via Wall Plaque with annual renewal labels (include images and feedback from Corporate Members)
- 20% Discount on tool storage solutions at Metric Storage Systems; including Canadian made Rosseau Toolboxes for AMEs and Businesses ( Metric Storage )
- 35% Discount on Nanuk Tool Cases (Canadian-made equivalent to Pelican Brand cases): https://nanukcases.ca/collections/all-nanuk-cases
- Self Storage at any of their locations in Scarborough, Etobicoke or Mississauga: https://www.storwell.com/STOREWELL
- 10% Discount on your first self-storage unit rental at STOREWELL Self Storage at any of their locations in Scarborough, Etobicoke or Mississauga: https://www.storwell.com/
Individual Members of the AME Association of Ontario qualify for a total of 21 Member Benefits Examples of Individual Member Benefits:
- *15% Discount at Work Authority Retail stores across Canada
- *10% Discount at Mark's retail stores across Canada
- *Profession rate home, auto, aviation insurance rates from Sound Insurance Brokers
- *Your Corporate Membership fee is 100% CRA tax deductible.
- *Every membership in the AME Association of Ontario includes your Membership dues in the Aircraft Maintenance Engineers of Canada (AMEC/TEAC), our National Association of Aircraft Maintenance Engineers.
AMEC/TEAC is our DIRECT line to Transport Canada on issues that affect aviation, aircraft maintenance and AMEs. We are in constant contact with Transport Canada and have effected many TCCA policies by our lobbying.
One result of the lobbying power of AMEC/TEAC is the TCCA issuance of NCR-046-2021 EXEMPTION FROM SUBSECTION 403.05(1) OF THE CANADIAN AVIATION REGULATIONS in response to the Covid Pandemic, which allowed the recency period to be extended an additional six (6) months in order for holders of a valid AME licence to retain the privileges of their licence under the CARs while they gain the required six months of experience.
This is just one example of what a National Association can do for AMEs from coast to coast to coast.