AME Association of Ontario-Member Benefits
Benefits of Membership
I) What we do:
“To Represent, Promote and Mentor”
-Represent Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (and AMTs) at Transport Canada (via involvement in the annual Aircraft Maintenance Engineers of Canada meeting with TCCA)
-Promotion of Aircraft Maintenance as a viable career choice -Skills Competitions to bring our industry to the public
-Mentorship of young AMEs
-Support in the form of Bursaries to students registered in Full Time Aviation Programs at AME Association Member, Approved Training Organizations
($500 per program per ATO. $6000/year is budgeted for this Benefit)
-Assist AMEs in dealing with Transport Canada issues.
-Expand your network…meet people & industry contacts through our Annual Conference
II) What you get in exchange for your Annual Dues (Benefits):
-Regular newsletters and reports (from YOUR Association)
1) Free subscriptions to trade magazines:
iv) DOM Magazine
v) Helicopter Maintenance Magazine
vi) Air Maintenance Update "The Magazine for Aircraft Maintenance Professionals"
2) Access to special discounted group insurance plans for home/auto/aviation/general insurance rates from Sound Insurance Brokers (available to Active AME Association of Ontario members) Call for a quote today! http://www.soundinsurance.ca/Insurance-Products/Group-Programs/AME
3) Free admission (with valid Membership Card) to Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum (applies to Member AND the Member's Immediate Family!) www.warplane.com
4) Your Dues include membership fee in AMEC-TEAC (formerly CFAMEA Canadian Federation of AME Associations www.cfamea.ca ). *Current (2022) fee per member is: $13/year
5) Access to training courses provided by the Association (Human Factors, Soft Skills, etc)
6) Special Discounts applicable to open seats (as available) for Type Endorsement Maintenance Courses at FlightPath International (www.flightpathinternational.com) *for AME Association Members ONLY Contact FlightPath International for AME Association members special pricing.
7) Reduced fee to Ontario AME Association Annual Conference (The Workshop)
8) AME specific Job Posting Board (on the AME Association website)
9) Recognition and awards
10) Tax receipt for Professional Dues for income tax purposes.
11) Mark's 10% Discount Card (included in each annual renewal or new member's "Welcome" mailing)
12) Your Membership Dues enable us to provide Bursaries/Awards to member Ontario community colleges’ AME Programs (max amount of $6000/year every year)
13) Gray Tools discounts & Loyalty Program (double points for our Members) ( Gray Tools Loyalty Club )
14) Work Authority 15% VIP Discount (safety gear/PPE). https://workauthority.ca/
15) Perkopolis-Canada’s Discount Program: Discounts on many useful services/products ( https://www.perkopolis.com/ )
16) Perkopolis Hotels: Discounts on Hotels Worldwide (similar to trivago, but with TICO coverage)
17) 20% Discount on tool storage solutions at Metric Storage Systems; including Canadian made Rosseau Toolboxes for AMEs and Businesses ( Metric Storage )
18) 35% Discount on Nanuk Tool Cases (Canadian made equivalent to Pelican Brand cases): https://nanukcases.ca/collections/all-nanuk-cases
19) 10% Discount on your first self-storage unit rental at STOREWELL Self Storage at any of their locations in Scarborough, Etobicoke or Mississauga: https://www.storwell.com/
20) 10% Discount off Workright Inc. online e-learning courses: (1) Soft Skills Certificate Program, (2) Mental Health Certificate Program and/or (3)Diversity, Sensitivity and Inclusion Training: Promoting Anti-Discrimination and Equity in the Workplace: https://workright.ca/
Note: Paid AME Association of Ontario Members in good standing may locate the discount code (which you can then enter on the Workright site) by logging into the AME Association of Ontario Member Only webpage and locating the 10% Workright discount code on the Member Discounts page.
That’s TWENTY (20) Member Benefits, in case you were wondering! So…Does THAT answer the question: “What’s in it for me?”